Sunday, January 12, 2014

It's time for a new YOU! New Year, New ways to do things.

Hey folks,
I hope you all had a great holiday season! I had an incredible one myself and if Santa was good to you all as much as he was to me we should all feel so stuffed with art supplies and armed for the new year!

This time of year I always take stock and look at my years work, annalize and set some goals for the next year and set goals on improvements. How many paintings to do this year, if I have any goals for major improvements I usually order enough small canvas's ( 6 x 8 ) for studies and usually get started on those right when the linen arrives. I stock up early because spring is right around the corner. That means I should already have met my goals, that means I need to get outside and paint. Not later, but NOW! One of the best parts of January is that the days are inherently getting longer and even though the temps are cold, painting in the winter time outside is spectacular! I have always loved the soft light, the long shadows, and the chill in the air. Summer is right around the corner and I've got to be ready for it!

Plans are for a very busy summer here with shows all over the east coast. The first being in Winter Park Florida April 20-27. This is a new event for me so it should be fun. Check back for more details soon and if you feel up to it, give me a jingle and talk about art sometime!

Have a great January! See you all further on down the road!
Tom

No comments: