Sunday, November 11, 2012

Plein Air 757

Hello Winter, er...winter-ish Hello folks. Hope you all have been well.... I have been up to my usual painting adventures. I recently participated in a Plein air event here in the Norfolk area called Plein air 757. It was an event where 40 regional artist all came together and spent 2 days painting in the (phone) area code of 757. It was my first time taking part in an event here in Va like this so I was very excited about it! The first day presented absolutely amazing weather! I did 3 painting's that first day. The second turned cloudy due to a tiny storm called Sandy. Sandy didn't rear her ugly head here in Va as much as in the New England area. Some painters were actually scrambling back to their families in the hard hit areas. From what i hear there are a few that still are without power. My heart goes out to them and their struggles. Here are some of the paintings that resulted from that event. I did win 2 awards for one of my paintings and one even sold the night of the "Wet painting sale!" Here are those pics!
I also did a larger piece that is in there as the last one that I have been working on in the studio for a Gallery on this side of the river. Hope you enjoy your fall, and Happy painting everyone! Tom

No comments: